Jane Allison BA, APR, FCPRS
Jane has built her career with the common themes of community partnership, communication and collaboration.
An award-winning, creative and innovative professional, Jane has a proven record of creating and sustaining programs to enhance public relations/communications, corporate social responsibility, community building and collaboration. In addition to being flexible and responsive, Jane is a strong leader with a collaborative style. She loves working with a team towards a shared goal. Her quest with any project is to identify strategies for accomplishing organizational goals and community enhancement.
Jane was the Manager of Community Partnerships at The Hamilton Spectator for more than 11 years, after being at the Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board for almost nine years in the role of Public Relations Officer. Prior to that role, she worked in various communication roles at Westinghouse Canada and taught at Sheridan College. In her role at the Spectator, she connected the paper’s organizational goals with the community’s needs and planned programs and partnerships to further mutual goals, working with more than 100 local organizations each year.
Gathering her experience in media, public sector and manufacturing, Jane will support clients in creating programs that create community impact and enhance business impact and success.
Awards and Recognition
- National Diamond Jubilee Award CPRS Mentor of the Year, Canadian Public Relations Society.
- College of Fellows, Canadian Public Relations Society.
- MC/host: YMCA Beyond the Bell; Hamilton Prayer Breakfast; Living Rock Soupfest; YMCA Peace Medal Awards; Hamilton Chamber of Commerce Community Awards.
- Keynote Speaker, Canadian Public Relations Society Hamilton Special Awards.
- News Media Canada's Great Ideas Competition, Best Promotional Campaign: Second Place ('Framing History' Photo Exhibit); Third Place (170th Anniversary Celebrations - team member)
- Accredited Public Relations, Canadian Public Relations Society.
- Adult Basic Education Association Lynne Livingstone Memorial Award.
- Food 4 Kids Caring About Kids Award.
- Co-created and co-presented (with Mohawk College) the Media Relations Summer Camp, an annual workshop for charitable and not-for-profit partners. A free workshop that tutors in the enhancement of media coverage.
- Bill Cockman Memorial Award from the Canadian Public Relations Society (Hamilton). For leadership and commitment, along with a striking demonstration of professional principles, pronounced contribution and going beyond the call of duty to an employer or client. Twice awarded.
- Bob Deans Mentorship Award, Canadian Public Relations Society (Hamilton).
- Co-author (with Jay Robb) of Start Spreading the News - A Media Relations Handbook for Nonprofits and Community Groups.